Changing resources in existing meetings

netsvcs

In OL2007 connecting to Exchange 2003, we are having a problem when someone
books Room A as a resource and then comes back later and wants to change that
meeting from using Room A to using Room B. Users are deleting Room A from the
list of Resources and adding Room B to the list. Room B is being booked by
the booking from Room A is not being removed. What is the correct way to
accomplish this?

Emily Lin

Hi,

When you wait for a while (15 minutes), is the Room A released and can be booked by another meeting request? If so, it is a know issue
in outlook 2007. It will be fixed in the hotfix 941275. However, the hotfix 941275 is in testing and not published now. Please wait for the
hotfix.

It the Room A cannot be booked after you sending the cancel meeting request in Outlook 2007, please let me know and we need to
continue to troubleshoot it.

If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Emily Lin

Microsoft Online Partner Support
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

Emily Lin

Hi,

I will be out of office during Jan 28th to Feb 5th.

If you have any reply, please reply to the newsgroup and my backup engineer will reply you as soon as possible. In addition, if you need
to send log files/screen shots via emails, please email it to the address (e-mail address removed) . Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

netsvcs

Room A still shows a meeting taking place even after waiting several hours.
I also want to be clear that this is not a problem when meetings are
canceled, just when a meeting is moved.

Robert Zhao [MSFT]

Hi,

Based on my research, there is an known issue with the scenario, and you may receive the following error message:

conference_room_name is already booked for the specified time. You must use another time or find another resource.

Can you confirm that. Or what the exact error message you receive.

Sincerely,
Robert Zhao
Microsoft Online Support

When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

Robert Zhao [MSFT]

Hi,

Based on my research, I see the issue is fixed by hotfix 941275. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of
Microsoft Product Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support

Hope it will be helpful.

Sincerely,
Robert Zhao
Microsoft Online Support

From: =?Utf-8?B?bmV0c3Zjcw==?= <[email protected]>

Robert Zhao [MSFT]

Hi,

How's everything going?

I'm wondering if the suggestion has helped or if you have any further questions. Please feel free to respond to the newsgroups if I can assist further.

Sincerely,
Robert Zhao
Microsoft Online Support

From: =?Utf-8?B?bmV0c3Zjcw==?= <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 08:52:24 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general

There is no error message, it simply does not work.