    Documents, etc. I assume if I reload the XP program that this will allow me
    to enter my name as the owner but then I will loose all the programs that he
    had loaded. Can I change Ownership name without reloading XP?

    Guest, May 8, 2005

  2. See here:
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_change_owner.htm

    --
    HTH
    Venkatesh
    "David" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My son gave me his old computer and I would like to change the Ownership

    name

    Venkatesh [MS India Community Star], May 8, 2005

  3. David,

    Create a new user account. See:

    How To Create and Configure User Accounts in Windows XP:

    OTOH, to change the Registered Owner name (reflected in System properties
    and in some applications), try this:

    Click Start, Run and type regedit, and then click OK. Navigate to the
    following location:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

    Double-click RegisteredOrganization.
    Under Value data, type the name that you want, and then click OK.

    Double-click RegisteredOwner.
    Under Value data, type the name that you want, and then click OK.
    Click Exit on the File menu to quit regedit.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    Ramesh, MS-MVP, May 9, 2005