changing mother board ?

I have vista RC 1 installed on my new PC which has D101GGC motherboard,
worried about the EULA I have decided to go in for ASUS P5W deluxe
motherboard(Wi-Fi) with Dual core processor and have bought it. Is it just
enough to plug in the new mother board with the processor after removing the
old one ? Will I have to configuire and partition the hard disk and install
Vista RC 1 all over again? Any thoughts are welcome..

Josh

you will probalby have to activate again, just depends on how close the
drive controlers are and if you are switching processors taht can impact it
too. I would back up my data to an externa source first....just in case.

Rick Rogers

Hi,

By swapping the motherboard and processor, you will need to reinstall as
system files will need to be rebuilt specific to the changed hardware.

--
Best of Luck,

Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Synapse Syndrome

ceebezee said:
I have vista RC 1 installed on my new PC which has D101GGC motherboard,
worried about the EULA I have decided to go in for ASUS P5W deluxe
motherboard(Wi-Fi) with Dual core processor and have bought it. Is it
just
enough to plug in the new mother board with the processor after removing
the
old one ? Will I have to configuire and partition the hard disk and
install
Vista RC 1 all over again? Any thoughts are welcome..

I have the same motherboard I just thought I'd mention that there is a
problem with it when using Vista with some PCI and PCIe cards. Read my post
in news://microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
for more details.

You might be able to get straight to it by clicking on this:

Hopefully a BIOS or Vista update will fix this soon.

ss.

Thanks a lot Josh, Rick rogers and SS for your valuable advices. So i have
to reinstall RC1 allover again and partition the hard disks again. Sigh !!!!!