Changing Hyperlinks

• Thread starter Michael Koerner
  • Start date
M

Michael Koerner

Using Excel 2007. I have work sheet which has the following formula. I would like to change part of the location from
=HYPERLINK("C:\Data Files\WebPages\clickhost\fconews\locate\id_0143.html", "0143") to read
=HYPERLINK("C:\Data Files\WebPages\clickhost\pinetreeline\locate\id_0143.html", "0143")

Do I have to do all records one at a time or is there an easier way to do this?

R

Rick Rothstein

Click the Home>Editing>Find&Select icon, select Replace from the menu that appears, put fconews in the "Find what" field, pinetreeline in the "Replace with" field, click the Options>> button (note the two greater than symbols) to **open** the dialog box to show the options and make sure the "Match entire cell contents" Checkbox is **not** checked... then click the "Replace All" button.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

Using Excel 2007. I have work sheet which has the following formula. I would like to change part of the location from
=HYPERLINK("C:\Data Files\WebPages\clickhost\fconews\locate\id_0143.html", "0143") to read
=HYPERLINK("C:\Data Files\WebPages\clickhost\pinetreeline\locate\id_0143.html", "0143")

M

Michael Koerner

Thanks Rick, I had tried replacing stuff in formulas before using the replace all, and every time, getting into trouble. this one worked like a charm. Again, thank you very much

--

Regards
Michael Koerner

Click the Home>Editing>Find&Select icon, select Replace from the menu that appears, put fconews in the "Find what" field, pinetreeline in the "Replace with" field, click the Options>> button (note the two greater than symbols) to **open** the dialog box to show the options and make sure the "Match entire cell contents" Checkbox is **not** checked... then click the "Replace All" button.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

Ask a Question