    Steve
    Thailand

    , Aug 18, 2012

    On Friday, August 17, 2012 8:06:56 PM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >

    > I'm a teacher taking class attendance. I keep track of the students attendance in Excel. Every time they miss, I enter a "1" in their row. I have a total column keeping score (i.e summing up their row). Is there anyway I can get this total cell (or the adjacent cell) to change color (eg from no color to red)when they reach a certain score (eg when the total =5 the cellchanges to red).
    >

    > Many thanks in advance.
    >
    > Steve
    >
    > Thailand

    Excel 2010.
    Select cell
    Under HOME click Conditional Fomatting
    Click Highlight rules
    Click Greater than
    In the box enter 4
    In the drop down to the left select th color
    Click OK

    Hope that helps.

    Regards,Howard

    , Aug 19, 2012

    On Friday, August 17, 2012 8:06:56 PM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >

    > I'm a teacher taking class attendance. I keep track of the students attendance in Excel. Every time they miss, I enter a "1" in their row. I have a total column keeping score (i.e summing up their row). Is there anyway I can get this total cell (or the adjacent cell) to change color (eg from no color to red)when they reach a certain score (eg when the total =5 the cellchanges to red).
    >

    > Many thanks in advance.
    >
    > Steve
    >
    > Thailand

    Acually the color selection is to the right.

    , Aug 19, 2012

    Awe

    On Sunday, August 19, 2012 9:12:54 AM UTC+7, (unknown) wrote:
    > On Friday, August 17, 2012 8:06:56 PM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All,

    > > I'm a teacher taking class attendance. I keep track of the students attendance in Excel. Every time they miss, I enter a "1" in their row. I have a total column keeping score (i.e summing up their row). Is there anyway I can get this total cell (or the adjacent cell) to change color (eg from no color to red)when they reach a certain score (eg when the total =5 the cell changes to red).

    > > Many thanks in advance.

    > > Steve

    > > Thailand

    > Acually the color selection is to the right.

    Awesome!Using Excel 2003 but found everything as you described it under theformatting heading. Many, many thanks!

    , Aug 19, 2012