Change password

misaro

At this moment we have a domain with 300 users, no
password policy set so far, .Now we need to set a
password policy (minimun password 6 characters)

So, the problem is I need to find a way to do it
simultaneously on all users. On this way enforce all users
to change the password as soon as possible

Thanks any comments !

Glenn L

You could set the maximum password age setting.
If you set it to 30 days, as long as everyones password is greater than 30
days old, their account will be expired the next time they log in, and they
will be forced to change their password.
After everyone logs in and changes their password, you could then increase
it to a more desired max age like 90 days.

Ryan Hanisco

Remember that this is done at the domain level and will affect everyone in
the domain who does not have the never expire password flag on.

This is done once and cannot be controlled by OU or Site.

Andrei Ungureanu

I think that you can run a script that will put "must change password on
next logon" on every user.
what do you think?

ptwilliams

Yep, that's another way, and this will give you more control over who and
when you set this for thus allowing you to stagger this if necessary.

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/