Change Out of Office Default Subject Text

Reaction score
Hi

Our network requires that all e-mail going over the Internet must have the phrase “Release-Authorised: (1)” as the first item in the e-mail subject field.

I have created a VB script which automatically inserts this phrase and this works fine other than when the out of office assistant is active. When OOO is active it automatically puts Out of Office AutoReply: as the first item in the e-mail subject field so that messages are sent out with a subject filed of

Out of Office AutoReply: Release-Authorised: (1) and are rejected because the first item of text is not Release-Authorised: (1). I have tried using the code as shown below but I can’t seem to override the OOO assistant putting Out of Office AutoReply: as the first subject line item. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this in outlook 2000 or if the OOO ? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ian

**********Code****************

Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)

If Left$(Item.Subject, 24) = "Out of Office AutoReply: " Or Left$(Item.Subject, 24) = " " Then

Item.Subject = "Release-Authorised: (1)" + Left$(Item.Subject, 3) + Right$(Item.Subject, Len(Item.Subject) - 24)

End If

If Left$(Item.Subject, 20) <> "Release-Authorised: (1) " Then

Item.Subject = "Release-Authorised: (1) " + Item.Subject

End If

End Sub

Ask a Question