    I would like to change the default file type to jpeg when somebody hits save
    in MSPaint. is this possible?

    Thnx

    Alper TEMEL, Jan 18, 2007

  2. Alper TEMEL

    Yves Alarie Guest

    Yes.
    Use "Save as" and then for file type, scroll and select jpg. This will make
    a new file in the same folder and with the same file name but the extension
    will now be .jpg

    Yves Alarie, Jan 18, 2007

  3. Alper TEMEL

    Alper TEMEL Guest

    changing the format each time is a pain, Is there a way to set the default
    File Save As format?

    Alper TEMEL, Jan 18, 2007
  4. Alper TEMEL

    John Inzer Guest

    Alper TEMEL wrote:
    > changing the format each time is a pain, Is there a way to set the default
    > File Save As format?

    ==================================
    MS Paint will save in the same format as the
    original file so apparently you are importing
    files in formats other than .jpg.

    Maybe a better solution would be to use a
    software like IrfanView to do a batch reformat
    of your files.

    Download IrfanView
    http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967
    (get the plug-ins too)
    http://www.tucows.com/preview/415586

    If you are downloading images from the net
    and they are all saving as .bmps you need to
    do some maintenance. Have a look at the
    following articles:

    Go to the following site and scroll
    down to the bottom of the page.
    "Music, Video, and Photos"
    http://tinyurl.com/7g4k

    (810978) Internet Explorer Saves Images As
    Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978

    --

    John Inzer