    looked in the Access settings and registry, but could not find where to make
    the change.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Tony, Apr 9, 2010

  2. Tony

    Gina Whipp Guest

    Tony,

    Look at the TransferSpreadsheet method (in Help)... using that you can put
    any path you wish.

    --
    Gina Whipp
    2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

    II

    "Tony" <||> wrote in message
    Hi,

    Does anyone know how I might be able to change the default location for
    exporting tables, queries, etc. from Access to Excel? It defaults to My
    Documents, which I can't stand because it forces me to drill down to find
    the spreadsheet. I'd rather that I could set it to go to my desktop. I've

    Gina Whipp, Apr 10, 2010

  3. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Gina,

    Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm looking for something a lot more down &
    dirty - select the records, click export, and be done with it. I'm assuming
    there must be a reg key I can hack; I can't find anything in the UI...

    Tony, Apr 12, 2010
  4. Tony

    Gina Whipp Guest

    Tony,

    Not that I am aware of... Most folks would just attach some code or use the
    TransferSpreadsheet on a button.

    Good Luck!
    Gina Whipp
    2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

    II

    Gina Whipp, Apr 13, 2010
  5. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Thanks, Gina. If you've got any 'pull' in Redmond, perhaps this could be a
    suggestion for the dev team. Something like default file location.

    I appreciate the feedback.

    Tony

    Tony, Apr 15, 2010
  6. Tony

    Gina Whipp Guest

    Tony,

    Nope no *pull* but will yell from the mountain tops!

    --
    Gina Whipp
    2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

    II