    at the set time.

    Has anyone else runed acros this, is there a workaround?

    /Erik Olofsson

    Okire, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Okire

    Brian Guest

    Yes, it's a known issue on Ipaqs -- not sure about other PPCs. There are a
    few patches that you can get. In my case the app does run, but the screen
    never turns on. This will be obvious if you play a sound or something. So
    in my app, I force the screen on as well to work around this.

    Supposedly the backup software caused some problems as well. If you check
    the Ipaq forums, you'll see a lot of posts about this problem.

    "Okire" <> wrote in message
    > I am developing an application that needs to uppdate it self every night,

    > force it to wake up and do the uppdate I am using "CeRunAppAtTime" but

    since
    > I started to use PPC 2003 it does not work properly, the event is

    registerd
    > but does not start until I manualy start the handheld, it does not wake

    upp

    Brian, Oct 9, 2003

  3. Okire

    cenright Guest

    This happens on Dell axiom as well. However, even when
    forcing the screen on and reseting the idle timer, the
    device shuts off after about 10 seconds. Are the patches
    specific to Ipaq or general ppc 2003 patches?

    cenright, Oct 9, 2003
  4. Okire

    Brian Guest

    Unfortunately I'm not sure. I thought they were Ipaq specific, fixing a
    problem with the backup software, but I'm not sure. If I see anything
    pertinent, I'll pass it along. The good news, at least, is that it seems to
    be a software issue so hopefully that means a fix is in the works.

    Brian, Oct 9, 2003
  5. Okire

    cenright Guest

    I read in an earlier post that using CeRunAppAtTime to
    launch a non-.net exe will work fine. I tried this on
    the dell axiom and it had the same results... the unit
    started for a little while (my network card lit up) and
    then shut off.

    The workaround I am currently using is to use a user
    notification set to run for a short period of time along
    with the app launch. The notification dialog is
    annoying, but I am using it for unattended downloads at
    night anyway, so it accomplishes what I need...

    cenright, Oct 10, 2003