centering label controls?

G

Basic question,
I have a label control that will be in the header and I would like to center it. For example: Acme Computers. Now, I can center the text within the label control but I can't center the control on the report. What do I do?

M

Marshall Barton

dlazenby said:
Basic question,
I have a label control that will be in the header and I would like to center it. For example: Acme Computers. Now, I can center the text within the label control but I can't center the control on the report. What do I do?

I don't understand, why don't you just use design view to
manually position the control in the center of the report?

G

Marsh,
Thanks for your reply. Certainly you jest regarding "just manually center the control". One of the advances with the computer (over the typewriter) for documents was that you could easily format parts of the document, including align right, left, center, justify.
Who wants to manually center ("eyeball it") and print it out only to see that it is a few pixels off center. Poor form.
I guess the alternative is to stretch the label control the length of the page and center the text within the label but I was thinking there would be a better way.
dlazenby

F

fredg

Basic question,

Make the report width the full size of the paper, less the margins.
Place the label at the left side of the report and size it to the full
width of the report.
Select the label and click on the Center Text tool button.
Regardless of length of the text in the label caption, it will be
centered in the report.

J

John Spencer (MVP)

If the label being the full width of the page bothers you, then after you've
made it the full width, double click on any of the labels sizing handles and it
will shrink to the minimum size to handle the text of the label when printed.
It will be centered (horizontally) on the page.

Ask a Question