CE.NET Emulator Problem

F

Frank Dietrich

Hi,

I seem to have a problem with my CE.NET emulator.

Launching an Application (a very small one that does not do much more than a hello, something like 30k) seems to do nothing.
However, when I leave it alone, after about five Minutes !!! the application suddenly is there and seems to work fine.

Shuting down the emulator does not work properly as well. It asks if it should keep its state and if I Say "Yes" it seems to hang
and does nothing (at least for the next five minutes ;-)) Any way to completely remove and reinstall the emulator (and its
"harddisk" and settings). I tried to uninstall the "Emulator-Driver" but that did not do the cure

Thanks for any help

Regards from Berlin

Frank

Dietrich Datentechnik (Berlin)
Softwarekombinat Teltow (Teltow)

(e-mail address removed)
DFPUG # 327

A

Alex Feinman [MVP]

Does that happen with both F5 and Ctrl-F5 or only when you debug? Have you
tried cold-resetting the emulator?

F

Frank Dietrich

Does that happen with both F5 and Ctrl-F5 or only when you debug? Have you
tried cold-resetting the emulator?

I just ran the "repair/reinstall" - option of .NET. After that the emulater came up and reinstalled the CF.

One of my programs seemed to run ok after that.

Then I tried the second one that will make use of the OpenNetCF. And that never came up. So I tried
to start the first one again. Did not come up.

So I just tried the Cold-Boot and that's where it hangs again. I'm afraid the OpenNETCF is the problem

but I have no Idea where to look.

Almost as bad is that when I try to debug to the Device I get a "make sure the device is physically connected" error
although ActiveSync sais "Connected" as soon as I plug it in. I deacitvated the XP SP2 Firewall, but no change.

.... I now restarted the Emulator and it seems to behave if I do NOT install the OpenNETCF. Any Idea?

Thanks again for any help

Regards from Berlin

Frank

Dietrich Datentechnik (Berlin)
Softwarekombinat Teltow (Teltow)

(e-mail address removed)
DFPUG # 327

Ask a Question