CD-ROM Door

Attempted to open CD-ROM door by pushing button on front of tower. No
response. Opened My Computer>Right Clicked CD-ROM ICON>Clicked Eject. No
response.

Suggestions?

Robert
(e-mail address removed)

You need to check that either your CD-ROM is detected by your PC or not. Turn
on your PC and check if the CD-ROM light blinks and on the boot screen (POST
Screen, which appears when you turn on your PC), see if your CD-ROM name is
listed e.g.

Primary Master - Samsung 500VADS
Primary Slave - None
Secondary Master - LG CD-ROM 438G
Secondary Slave - None

In your case, if there is no CD-ROM device listed then could be possible
that power cable of your CD-ROM is lose or unpluged.

Hope this help, let usknow!

mikeyhsd

there is usually a TINY hole in the front of the cd that you can insert something SMALL to force the door to open.

(e-mail address removed)@sport.rr.com

"Robersabel" <Robert> wrote in message Attempted to open CD-ROM door by pushing button on front of tower. No
response. Opened My Computer>Right Clicked CD-ROM ICON>Clicked Eject. No
response.

Suggestions?

Robert
(e-mail address removed)

Appreciate your responses. Before experiencing the door problem, I went
through a number of blank CD-ROMS that are not recognized. Last year after
purchasing a pack of five...none were recognized. I contacted the
manufacturer, and was provided five more. Since then I have a total of 20
CD-ROMS RW in which 2 or 3 are recognized.

I do not not have problems with prewritten CD's. Anyway, going through a
batch of CD-ROMs yesterday with no recognition, perhaps the computer was
tired, and door decided it had enough until early today.

All of a sudden it decided to give in, and began to work again. I wish I
could say the same for the blank CD-ROMS.

Robert

mikeyhsd

is this by chance a laptop that has a special manager for removable drives.
is that is the case, you probably removed the drive before the software had properly released it.