CD-Rom burner problems

rubyjack

I recently purchased a used computer. It has a Samsung CD-R/RW SW-252B (CD
52x Rd, 4X Wr) drive in it, which is supposed to be working.

However, I can't seem to burn a disk using Nero5 Burning Rom (Ver 5.5.7.1).
I open Nero, drag and drop the files to the New cd window, and click burn.
It hums away and reports success. But when I go to Explorer to look at the
disk, it prompts me to "enter a disk in the drive." I've tried two
different disks, and I don't know where to go from here.

Any help would be appreciated,
Dan Hacker

Bob I

Does Nero indicate there is anything on the disk? Is the disk session
closed? Ask the previous owner about it?

rubyjack

Bob I said:
Does Nero indicate there is anything on the disk? Is the disk session
closed? Ask the previous owner about it?

Nero seems to indicate that there is something there. I think it closed.
Why didn't I think of that?

Thanks,
Dan

Bob I

In that case check the Nero settings to make sure the session really got
closed or finalized. And if no luck there, see if the other owner has a
hint for you.

rubyjack

Thanks for putting me on the "write" track. It seems that Nero was the
problem. I tried a few freeware burners and got AVS Disc Creator 2.1 to
BURN! Man, am I happy. I used to like filling up floppies, think what I'll
do with CD-R's.

Thanks very much for the help,
Dan Hacker

In that case check the Nero settings to make sure the session really got
closed or finalized. And if no luck there, see if the other owner has a
hint for you.

Bob I

You're most welcome, have a good one!