CC Cleaner Portable .

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Not many folk know that you can get CC Cleaner as a portable application that will run of a usb stick . This excellent piece of software can be slimmed down to just 1.71MB , less if you could work out which language files to delete . So with such a small footprint you can include it on any usb drive that you have . I have a copy on a 64 MB usb stick along with several other useful bits of kit and it travels with me all the time .

You can get this gem from here ,

http://www.ccleaner.com/

attachment.php

Its not obvious on the CC Cleaner home page where to get the portable application from but if you look at the picture above you will see a link for "other builds" click on this .

attachment.php

You arrive here so click on the download link.

attachment.php

Save the file to your usual location . As it is a zip file make a folder and put the zip file in it .

attachment.php

Then transfer the folder to your usb stick , mine is "Removable Disk (L)" .Open the folder and unzip the application . Here you can slim down the contents of the folder by deleting the zip file and history text and the licence text . See the highlighted CC Cleaner icon , click on this and the application opens .

attachment.php

It is always best to start by setting up a new application so click on "options" and then "settings" . Fill this out to suit your individual needs . Now you can set the program to look for updates automatically when you run the program and this will work on any pc that you run the program on . I did not include any pics of this very useful procedure as for some strange reason my pc is not set up to let this facility work . My pc is due for a fresh install of the os due to operator enthusiasm .

attachment.php

On to "cookies" here you can see one ready to delete . You can save cookies here but I never keep any so that's why the section is blank .The cookies you save here will not be deleted when you do a scan and clean up later .

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here you can choose individual files to delete and folders to empty . Say for example you wanted a sub folder in your Music Folder emptying . Plenty of warnings are given and it is almost impossible to delete something without thinking about it .

user.gif
:D

Attachments

• 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 5,735
  • 37.jpg
    37.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 5,487
  • 38.jpg
    38.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 5,503
  • 39.jpg
    39.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 5,571
  • 40.jpg
    40.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 5,603
  • 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 5,352
  • 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 5,288
  • 47.jpg
    47.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 5,328
  • 48.jpg
    48.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 5,240
  • 49.jpg
    49.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 5,256
Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
attachment.php

attachment.php

Here you can choose files and folders to exclude. I have included one as an example . It is possible to exclude registry backups here also .

attachment.php

Finally some of the more advanced setting can be made here.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Under the "Tools" section, there is a facility like the add/remove applications in windows . With a very neat extra , you can rename your applications .

attachment.php

Also a panel that shows what runs at start up .

attachment.php

On to the good stuff . Getting rid of crap . The "Registry" section gives you choice as to what to clean out , I just tick all the boxes .Click on "Scan for Issues" .

attachment.php

As you can see I have a pretty clean pc . Click on "Fix selected issues"

attachment.php

You can make a backup of the changes you make.

attachment.php

Fix issues one by one or all at once .

user.gif

Attachments

• 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 5,003
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 5,005
  • 45.jpg
    45.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 4,937
  • 50.jpg
    50.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 4,958
  • 51.jpg
    51.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 4,911
  • 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 4,883
  • 53.jpg
    53.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 4,850
  • 54.jpg
    54.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 4,784
  • 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 4,750
  • 56.jpg
    56.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 4,737
Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
attachment.php

Are you sure you want to do this ?

attachment.php

Success that's a bit less crud clogging the pc .

attachment.php

Now to yank the chain . The "Cleaner" section gives you loads of choices .See the greyed out boxes , be careful if you decide to use these , you will get a pop up box giving you information about what you will be deleting if you tick the boxes . I ticked them once and it took me forever to get me pc back to how I like it . So be careful .

attachment.php

When you have ticked all the boxes you feel are appropriate , click on "Analyse" .

attachment.php

0.686 seconds by gum that's fast .Click on "Run Cleaner"

attachment.php

Are you sure ?

attachment.php

1.564 seconds later and you have flushed loads of crap away for good .

This is a really neat application to carry around with you . If your at a chums house watch their eyes widen in amazement as you perform instant magic on their pc .

user.gif

This review was made using PicSizer .That's some application I read about somewhere , now where did I read up about it , hmmmmmmmm .

laughingsmiley.gif

Attachments

• 57.jpg
    57.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 4,592
  • 58.jpg
    58.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 4,592
  • 59.jpg
    59.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 4,549
  • 60.jpg
    60.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 4,471
  • 61.jpg
    61.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 4,566
  • 62.jpg
    62.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 4,556
  • 63.jpg
    63.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 4,553
Last edited:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
That is a great review Abarbarian :thumb: and a very thorough and helpful "how-to." :nod:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice work Abarbarian - very comprehensive indeed :nod:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks guys its me first proper attempt at a review . I used Taffycats excellent PicSizer and boy was it fast and easy to use . I been looking for that sort of program for ages and have tried at least 6 different ones and hers is the best so far .
Hope the pic sizes are ok at 1024 x 640 you can just about read the script in the pics which is why they are that size . I tried them at 800 x 600 but you could not see any readable script . Didn't want to use up too much bandwith and of course big pics take longer to load if you are on a slower connection and that would put some folk of reading the review .
I have wondered if it would be possible for PC Review to have on-line albums at some photo site like ImageShack accessible by our members .Only folk wrirting reviews or moderators would be able to upload photos to these albums . This would save folk having to create accounts etc etc . Where folk producing reviews could post a set of screen captures detailing the more complex parts of some procedure or extra detail of some item with a link from the body of the review . This would help to keep the review neat and readable, save our bandwith and also enable the author the opportunity to clarify some of the more obscure features in greater detail . That would be very useful for technonumpties like me .

user.gif

Last edited:

Ask a Question