Case Fans?!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
(first i would like to appologise if this is in the wrong place but im not sure if it should be here or in the modding section but it kinda fits in both)

ok so im looking to buy some case fans as my PC is starting to become unstable now that the heating is on. my question is if i buy some fans do they come with screws or do i have to buy them seperatley?

Reaction score
It really does actually depend on what type they are.

I CAN however tell you that the Akasa LED fans @ £2.64 inc VAT from aria.co.uk DO come with screws. Good fans too...

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i was looking at some akasa ones so i'll just get some and see

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Techy said:
some do some don't
Yep.

Vantec fans do, I know that.

Best fans I've used have been Pabst and Panaflo, they're pricier than most but they last a helluva lot longer and have a better construction.

Over the years, have had several makes of fan die on me - Antec, YS-Tech and some no name 80mm jobbie.

The usual screws you get are stubby self tappers that cut a thread into the plastic fan holes.

Or you can use short nuts & bolts from B & Q or similar hardware shops. The self-tapper screws are better, imo - less vibration.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i know that i have to get some with ball bearing not sleve bearings and that the more air it shifts the better as i intend to pick up an akasa fan/temp control thingy so the noise can be regulated

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
i know that i have to get some with ball bearing not sleve bearings and that the more air it shifts the better as i intend to pick up an akasa fan/temp control thingy so the noise can be regulated
If you're going to use a regulator, I have two Vantec Tornado 80mm fans you can have for a fiver each if you want, inc. postage.

They're as new, boxed, and have fixing screws.

These things shift a lot of air, but they're loud. Too loud for me, that's why I'm selling them. If you're going to use a regulator, you could probably run them at an acceptable db level and you'd always have 'full blast' in reserve should you ever need a quick cooling down of your system.

They're quality fans, usually cost around £12.00 each new.

Here's a link, fifth one down, £10.52 + p & p works out at around £12.00 each: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Vantec.html

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
84 CFM !! thats mad they'll blow my pc to pieces!, and 55 db that is loud but they'll probably never be used on full much. do you know what sort of connector they have? 3 or 4 pin

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
84 CFM !! thats mad they'll blow my pc to pieces!, and 55 db that is loud but they'll probably never be used on full much. do you know what sort of connector they have? 3 or 4 pin
Both. 3 pin on the tail and 3 to 4 pin adaptor supplied.

And yes, they're loud. Why do you think I want to sell them? :p ;)

Ask a Question