Windows XP Capturing internal website files (images)

Reaction score
I'm a retired university professor whose passion is historical maps and images, and part of my hobby is to download these items. However, some of these items are elusive but are available from one end of the worldwide spectrum to another. Because some of these images are so large,the website only allows to see a portion of the image at one time. I have used "Capturewiz" to capture tif, jpg2000, and many other large dimensional images of many file formats. The problem has been that I have spent hours piecing the sections to together, to reproduce the whole picture.

This is a long drawn out torment, that I prefer not to do!

Some time ago, I purchase a application called "BROWN RECLUSE" that is a data mining program, except that I remained a failure in extracting anything other internal pages. They comment on plugins that you can write and program yourself, but I do not have this ability? They also have another program called "BLACK WIDOW" that also can rummage around within the website for directories and therefore the files, but I have'nt brought it...but looking at a demo program.

Can anybody tell me if Im on the right track, to hunt down download a full image from different academic, historical societies and other sites.

My computer is a hybrid, put together by some students of mine. I have an internal HD drive of 75 Gigs and a external HD of 500 Gigs, with a ram of 2 gigs. I use Windows professional

Thank you,

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you want the application to crawl the entire site and download images AND piece them together? I've not heard of an application that can do this.

It might be worth contacting the site and see if you can download the full raw image from them, as they might be able to make it available :)

Reaction score
Image extraction!Do not have time for requests!

Most of the sites are educational and they do not have the time to comply with my requests..

Thank you for your reply,

Ask a Question