Capture Problem With Playtv Xp

Reaction score
Hi there. PlayTV XP PixelView (full title of the box) caused some problems on my old PC that didn't on the new (the new one burnt so I have the old only). This prog is a TV tunner that installs the necessary drivers to watch TV trhough it and capture. The problem is that unlike my new PC that could capture as much as I wanted, this one cannot record more than 4 to 4.9 GB. At firs I thought it was the time as it couldn't more than 17 minutes (with 320x240), but I tried with higher resoultion that makes the file bigger and it did only around 4 GB that is 4 minutes for 640x480. My old pc is 512 MB ram and has everything needed to record - video card is ok, audio, etc, I do the capture as I said so the problem isn't in them. All the drivers installed by the program are working properly with the exception of 1 driver: nVidia WDM Video Capture (Universal) a common problem, that this driver has a ! in the Device Manager next to it and cannot be updated or fixed. I don't remember if the new PC had this device also problematic as it did the records ok and i didn't need to check that at all. Also whether it is 320x240 or 640x480 it always captures up to 4 something GB while the location drive has 9.7 GB of free space and the record button is still clicked making you think it is recording but when you save the captured file you see the result - only 4 GB. Pls help. If that driver is the problem I have no idea how to fix it. many have tried wnithout result. OS: Win XP Pro SP2

Ask a Question