    server name correctly.
    Subject 'Lab', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'yahoo', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
    Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x

    This keeps coming up when i try to send an email. please help

    olderthndirt, Jun 24, 2010

  2. "yahoo" is not a valid mail server name. You get the correct mail
    server names from your mail provider.
    Do you have an existing email address? If so, what is the part of
    your email address after the @ symbol? That part represents your
    mail service provider.
    Your mail provider will typically have a web page that shows how to
    set up an email program. If you need more help, tell us the name of
    your email service provider. If you currently don't have an email
    address, we can help with that also.

    Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

    "olderthndirt" wrote in message news:...

    The host 'yahoo' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the
    server name correctly.
    Subject 'Lab', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'yahoo', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,

    Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\), Jun 24, 2010