Can't remove virus

G

I have 2 virus' on my computer: W32.HLLW.Oror.B@mm and W32.HLLW.Lovgate.I@mm. My windows is up to date and i have norton antivirus corporate edition who's realtime scan keeps quarantineing all the bogus files the virus' keep creating but i have trouble removing them. I have a symantec tool to remove the lovegate virus but it dosen't find the virus. The realtime scanen always says the virus is found in the guest account which is never used and when I go into the guest account it doesn't have the rights to run the tool. I have followed the instructions on the symantec website to remove the oror virus but the values in the registry it asks me to remove aren't there

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Please visit the Virus Removal newsgroup experts:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.security.virus

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|I have 2 virus' on my computer: W32.HLLW.Oror.B@mm and W32.HLLW.Lovgate.I@mm. My windows is up to date and i
have norton antivirus corporate edition who's realtime scan keeps quarantineing all the bogus files the virus'
keep creating but i have trouble removing them. I have a symantec tool to remove the lovegate virus but it
dosen't find the virus. The realtime scanen always says the virus is found in the guest account which is never
used and when I go into the guest account it doesn't have the rights to run the tool. I have followed the
instructions on the symantec website to remove the oror virus but the values in the registry it asks me to
remove aren't there.
|
|

Ask a Question