Cant read disks i burn!?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i got a new computer about a month ago and its been working fine it has an
Optorite DVD-RW DD0201 and a JLMS DVD-ROM XJ-HD166S ive used it to burn audio disks fine. but when i try to put pictures from my digital camera on a disk using Nero burning rom it burns and says that the disk is complete and there are no errors, but when i read the disk to see if it has worked the disk is shown as blank so i tried it in my old pc and it shows the pictures no problem.

any help would be great

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Are you using a CD or DVD disc to burn your pictures to?

Within Nero, are you burning the pictures as data? Are the pictures in seperate folders?

Are you filling the disk to near capacity? Are you selecting to close (finalise) the disk when burning?

And have you tried different brands of recordable media or just the one type?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
im usin a 700mb cd-r and im burning as data in a single folder as its only 30mb and do you mean unchecking the multisession box if so no and im using my last disk

im getting some sony ones at the weekend

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You seem to be doing everything correctly. If it's only a 30mb file obviously you'd want to choose the multisession option.

I just wondered if you were burning, say, 690Mb and didn't finalise the session, sometimes that can make disks unreadable.

Is the disk unreadable in both your drives?

I'd say try a different media or perhaps get yourself a good quality CD-RW so you can experiement without producing coasters.

You could also try burning at a slower speed.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
im using 700mb disks that work fine for music im only putting on 30mb of pics as data but im not sure if by closing you mean unchecking the multisession box if it is the no.

but ive just read in a forum that people are havint the same problems when burning music aswell using nero and the only way they could get it to work was by rebooting which i have just done quickly and it seems to work now.

thanks for your quick reply

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I had the sam problem with books i burnt! They were unreadable. So i stopped burning the books and my problem was solved.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
I had the sam problem with books i burnt! They were unreadable. So i stopped burning the books and my problem was solved.
:D:D:D It's been long time since someone used some sense of humour

Reaction score
lol ammusing

I seem to have no problems at all using the cheapest CDRW and cheapest CDR's

can even overburn with nero and they work just fine!

Ask a Question