Can't play CD music in WMP or Real Player

G

My sister recently had a problem playing back audio cd. She would put the cd in and all it would do is run with no music. She called the company and they suggested that she had too many programs on her computer and to uninstall them. She only had one program on her computer. PSP 7. it only uses 160 mb. Her computer has 120 gigs with 97 gigs of free space. She uninstalls the program and her CD now works. How can this be? Will she ever be able to put programs on her computer without it affecting her cd player? I have 30 gigs of programs on my computer and my cd player runs fine
Please help

G

also her computer would lock up when she tried to play music. But doesn't anymore since she uninstalled her one program

G

Galley

My sister recently had a problem playing back audio cd. She would put the cd in and all it would do is run with no music. She called the company and they suggested that she had too many programs on her computer and to uninstall them. She only had one program on her computer. PSP 7. it only uses 160 mb. Her computer has 120 gigs with 97 gigs of free space. She uninstalls the program and her CD now works. How can this be? Will she ever be able to put programs on her computer without it affecting her cd player? I have 30 gigs of programs on my computer and my cd player runs fine?
Please help

That response by tech support is completely ridiculous. It has nothing to do
with hard drive space, but rather has to do with a software conflict of some
kind. To systematically find out which program it was, you would have to
uninstall them one by one, but who wants to go though all of that? Is PSP 7
referring to Paint Shop Pro 7? If so, that is odd since an image editor should
not have anything to do with audio hardware. Has she tried running a registry
checker? RegSeeker works well for me, and it's FREE.
http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

Ask a Question