don't understand what it means

G

Gordon

Keeley said:
it says i need to establish an associated program in the cotrol panel but
i

Do you have the correct program installed? I.e if you are trying to open a
*.doc file, do you have Word or an equivalent application installed?

K

Keeley

got it sorted! Cheers guys xx

Gordon said:
Do you have the correct program installed? I.e if you are trying to open a
*.doc file, do you have Word or an equivalent application installed?

B

Bob W

The answer would depend on what TYPE of attachment you are having trouble with and what messages do you get when you try to open them. I suspect it may have to do with what you have set for the default program for each of the various file type extensions. For instance the old PPT vs. the newer PPS PowerPointPresentations files. The new viewer can't open the old files. You have to go get a older viewer from the net to open the older file types. Check the file types (extension) and get back to us.
Bob, Still Old, Still Grey, And Still A Woolf

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly inconvenienced. And a party was thrown for them afterwards for being really cool about it.

Bob's Space - Home Page of the Olde Greywoolf

Hi can anyone help, i'm using windows vista and windows live mail. Some
attatchments i'm sent in emails i can open but some i can't, even if i know
the sender. What do i do to change this? Trying to open an important
attatched doc.

Thanx to anyone who knows!!!

B

Bob W

Well, that confirms that. Go to Default Programs (should be on start menu but if not, look in Control Panel). Follow the instructions to pick a program for the file type in question. You will most likely have several to pick from. I always go with my favorite of the ones offered. You can always SAVE the attachment, then find it with Explorer and right click on it to see the OPEN WITH options and try each one to see which you like best (I have about half a dozen photo handling programs on my machine!). That should fix you right up.
Bob, Still Old, Still Grey, And Still A Woolf

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly inconvenienced. And a party was thrown for them afterwards for being really cool about it.

Bob's Space - Home Page of the Olde Greywoolf

it says i need to establish an associated program in the cotrol panel but i

Ask a Question