Can't Open ANY excel spread sheets

While recently downloading a NEWER version of AOL security.....everything
went WRONG. AOL claims that is has nothing to do with them. I was in an
excel spread sheet that completely crapped out. When I went to get back in
it gave me this message. "The document caused a serious error the last time
it was opened. Do you want to open it now" and when I click YES - The hour
glass just spins & spins & the bottom left hand says " requesting Virus scan"
But obviously NOTHING happens. I have since tried to open other excel
spread sheets and can NOT open ANY spread sheets now. The window just sits
there with a Blank green screen where the spread sheet should be. Any
solutions withOUT erasing everything that I already have saved. I run
several busiiness from my home & can't get into ANY of the information that i
need.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Nick Hodge

Try opening Excel in safe mode by going to Start>Run and typing

excel.exe /safe

Once you have Excel open try closing and re-opening. If this doesn't work
still. Try running detect and repair from the help menu when you have opened
excel again in safe mode.

If this fails, search your hard drive (inc hidden files and folders) for a
file with an xlb extension (*.xlb)

When you find this move it from it's current location and try re-starting
Excel. If that works, you will have lost any toolbar customisation but Excel
will have created a new one, so you can delete the old.

Post back and let us know if anything worked or get more advice if it
doesn't

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Can't Open ANY excel spread sheets" <Can't Open ANY excel spread
news:[email protected]...

Nick Hodge

Bill

Precisely what does 'Nothing in office works mean?'

Did you get any errors when you started through the list I posted earlier?

Did you try system restore in windows to a date before the AOL upgrade?

--
HTH
Nick Hodge