Howdy. I've got a number of subforms displaying in datasheet view. I want to
get rid of the alternate row color scheme. I've set both the back color and
alternate back color to the same value, but they still show in alternating
colors.

I changed the default alternate row color (through Access Options>Current
Database) to be the same as the row color. In a new form, all rows are the
same color. But forms created when the default back/alternate colors were
different still show alternate colors.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

Thanks.

K

kc-mass

Hi Danny

Look for an event in your form. Probably the on format event. It has the
code that sets the alternating colors. Get rid of the event (erase all the
code) and everything will be the same boring color.

Regards

Kevin

K

kc-mass

Did you find it?

kc-mass said:
Hi Danny

Look for an event in your form. Probably the on format event. It has the
code that sets the alternating colors. Get rid of the event (erase all
the code) and everything will be the same boring color.

Regards

Kevin

Reaction score
I spent over an hour trying to figure out how to turn the alternative row feature off in Access 2010. To save everyone some time in the report/form design view click on the Format tab and within the Background group click on Alternative Row Color and select No Color - not a big fan of 2010 :mad:

Reaction score
I spent over an hour trying to figure out how to turn the alternative row feature off in Access 2010. To save everyone some time in the report/form design view click on the Format tab and within the Background group click on Alternative Row Color and select No Color - not a big fan of 2010 :mad:

You Star, helped me ty vvm :thumb:

Reaction score
I have spent days trying to get rid of blank pages. all my information is well in the margins, when I look closely I realize that the body of my report is being repeated in the alternative grey area. I turned the back color off the Alternate area, but I'm still getting the repeteated information which takes up my space between my body and footer which is causing the blank pages... How do I turn this alternate information OFF?

Reaction score
I have spent days trying to get rid of blank pages. all my information is well in the margins, when I look closely I realize that the body of my report is being repeated in the alternative grey area. I turned the back color off the Alternate area, but I'm still getting the repeteated information which takes up my space between my body and footer which is causing the blank pages... How do I turn this alternate information OFF?
NanetteH - did you find an answer? I have exactly the same problem. Irrespective of whether I turn alternate shading on or off, I still have duplicate fields appearing in my final report, which are simply not visible in the design view. And I cannot get rid of them. They contain no data, but appear as empty rows on the printed report.

Ask a Question