can't get MegaMatch to work

John Marion

Trying to play MegaMatch from eGames. No help at eGames.com; MegaMatch
isn't even listed.

I'm running DirectX 9c. I have four systems that have i810 and i810e and
i845G chipsets. They have 98SE and ME and XP SP2. On all four computers
the game installs fine. I can make menu choices fine. When the mouse is in
the play area there is no response to mouse clicks. I have tried all the
lower levels of acceleration. ONE time on ONE system it actually worked.
ONCE.

Any ideas what to do when mouse clicks are not effective?

(I've installed it four times not because I want to abuse the EULA but
because I am trying the variety of systems.)

Jimmy S.

Hi John,

I'm sure they must have released a patch or update for that game
Ask at: http://www.egames.com/support/Contact/index.htm

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

John Marion

There must not be any patch or update: MegaMatch is not listed anywhere at
egames.com.
I wrote them a week ago and there has been no response.

Jimmy S. said:
Hi John,

I'm sure they must have released a patch or update for that game
Ask at: http://www.egames.com/support/Contact/index.htm

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

MS Assisted Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
rights.

John Marion said:
Trying to play MegaMatch from eGames. No help at eGames.com; MegaMatch
isn't even listed.

I'm running DirectX 9c. I have four systems that have i810 and i810e and
i845G chipsets. They have 98SE and ME and XP SP2. On all four computers
the game installs fine. I can make menu choices fine. When the mouse is
in the play area there is no response to mouse clicks. I have tried all
the lower levels of acceleration. ONE time on ONE system it actually
worked. ONCE.

Any ideas what to do when mouse clicks are not effective?

(I've installed it four times not because I want to abuse the EULA but
because I am trying the variety of systems.)

Jimmy S.

Hi John,

I'm sure they will eventually respond. I don't want to start
changing configurations on three different systems when the
problem only exists with this one game.

--

John Marion said:
Trying to play MegaMatch from eGames. No help at eGames.com; MegaMatch isn't even listed.

I'm running DirectX 9c. I have four systems that have i810 and i810e and i845G chipsets. They have 98SE and ME and XP SP2. On
all four computers the game installs fine. I can make menu choices fine. When the mouse is in the play area there is no
response to mouse clicks. I have tried all the lower levels of acceleration. ONE time on ONE system it actually worked. ONCE.

Any ideas what to do when mouse clicks are not effective?

(I've installed it four times not because I want to abuse the EULA but because I am trying the variety of systems.)

John Marion

Jimmy, I wrote eGames again and got an immediate response and began a series
of trials including starting the game directly (no menu), installing in
Compatibility Mode, installing with no AV, installing in Safe Mode, and
excluding the install directory from AV scans. Are there any Windows tweaks
for no mouse clicks in Direct X? Reinstall DirectX?

Jimmy S. said:
[...]

Since that is the only program giving you problems, I would keep
corresponding with eGames to try and find a solution that works..

Cheers,
Jimmy.

"Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message Hi John,

[...]

For sure MegaMatch has a problem but I discovered a "fix." I can't play the
first game that appears. If I choose New Game I can play! Tried a dozen
suggestions from eGames tech support and had to figure it out myself...

Jimmy S. said:
[...]

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site:
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
MS Assisted Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
rights.

Trying to play MegaMatch from eGames. No help at eGames.com;
MegaMatch isn't even listed.

I'm running DirectX 9c. I have four systems that have i810 and i810e
and i845G chipsets. They have 98SE and ME and XP SP2. On all four
computers the game installs fine. I can make menu choices fine.
When the mouse is in the play area there is no response to mouse
clicks. I have tried all the lower levels of acceleration. ONE time
on ONE system it actually worked. ONCE.

Any ideas what to do when mouse clicks are not effective?

(I've installed it four times not because I want to abuse the EULA
but because I am trying the variety of systems.)

Jimmy S.

Awesome discovery John! Thanks for posting your findings
here in the newsgroups, as now others will benefit from it. :)

Cheers!
Jimmy.