Can't fit the top bars onto one row anymore :-(

Dek

Using IE6 with my widescreen monitor, I could easily fit all the top bars
onto one row.

Using IE7 or IE8 beta I am no longer able to do this. Instead I'm forced to
have a big fat collection of top bars comprised mostly of grey wasted space.
I don't want to turn any of them off, I just want the Navigation/Address
Bar, Menu Bar and Favourites Bar on one row.

Come on MS, would it really hurt to let me dock the bars where I like?

Hide an 'Unlock Docking' button in Internet Options/Advanced.

Would anyone here able to work out a hack to this purpose?

Dek

Synapse Syndrome

Dek said:
Using IE6 with my widescreen monitor, I could easily fit all the top bars
onto one row.

Using IE7 or IE8 beta I am no longer able to do this. Instead I'm forced
have a big fat collection of top bars comprised mostly of grey wasted
space.
I don't want to turn any of them off, I just want the Navigation/Address
Bar, Menu Bar and Favourites Bar on one row.

Come on MS, would it really hurt to let me dock the bars where I like?

Hide an 'Unlock Docking' button in Internet Options/Advanced.

Would anyone here able to work out a hack to this purpose?

I heard that they were going to bring back a configurable interface for IE8,
but it doesn't look like they have, and will be sticking to the same
concept. I think it's fine though.

ss.

"Synapse Syndrome" wrote in message
"Dek" wrote in message ...

I heard that they were going to bring back a configurable interface for
IE8, but it doesn't look like they have, and will be sticking to the same
concept. I think it's fine though.

I hope they change it back, too. On a wider or larger monitor, with more
choices in screen resolutions, all that "grey wasted space" the OP dislikes
is going to very annoying to a lot of other people, myself included.

Synapse Syndrome

I hope they change it back, too. On a wider or larger monitor, with more
choices in screen resolutions, all that "grey wasted space" the OP
dislikes is going to very annoying to a lot of other people, myself
included.

But there is less wasted space than there is with IE6 at standard layout.

I never have the menu bar displayed (you can just press Alt to get it), and
I do not use the Links bar anymore (although it seems that this has become
useful again in IE8, and has a display toggle too). So there are only two
'lines' being used. With IE6, there would be four, if it had tabs.

ss.