can't find domain controller after upgrading to Windows 2000

Tony

I've upgraded my NT 4.0 PDC to Windows 2000 server and
installed Active Directory, I can only access the active
directory users and computer from Administrative Tools on
the newly upgraded server. When I tried to access it from
a different machine, it displays an error message that it
cannot find the Primary domain controller. This is also
causing other machines to not validate the service
accounts from the PDC which causes other jobs not to run.

Scott Harding - MS MVP

Most likely a DNS issue. Are ALL the machines on your network pointing to
the Windows 2000 DNS server as their Primary? Is it pointing to itself also?
This is how it must be setup and then you use DNS forwarders to resolve
Internet address from your internal DNS server. Most issues of network
browsing are caused by DNS in windows2k

David Pharr [MSFT]

Articles that should help you in fixing this:

260371 Troubleshooting Common Active Directory Setup Issues in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=260371

237675 Setting Up the Domain Name System for Active Directory
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=237675

291382 Frequently Asked Questions About Windows 2000 DNS and Windows Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=291382

David Pharr, (e-mail address removed)