Can't deploy from Visual Studio

MC

I am running Win CE 4.1 device, Active Sync 3.5 which is
recommended for 4.1 and never had any previous versions
installed.

Device connected no problem, can browse.

Have followed procedure for copying toolhelp and used the
Runtime Redistributable to get CF installed on device and
CE Utilities to configure Device Processor type.

But deploying gives error Cannot establish a
connection....be sure the device is physically connected.

Thanks,
MC

Chris Tacke, eMVP

I have the best luck using the Smart Device Authentication utility (under
Tools).

Ok, I tried that but SDAuth can't connect says device
refused. I copy SDAuth client over and it won't run saying
it is not a windows ce app.

If you have any more suggestions, please let me know.

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

The device-side program is called sdauthutildevice.exe and needs to be built
in via Platform Builder when the OS is constructed.

Paul T.

Chris Tacke, eMVP

You can manually copy sdauthutil to the device and run it manually too.
Make sure you have the right processor version.

MC

Yes I did that but when I run it, it says not a valid
Windows CE App, tried arm4i and arm4T.

Thanks,
Mary

--
Chris Tacke, eMVP
Co-Founder and Advisory Board Member

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]"

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

Seems like ARMV4 is more likely to be right...

Paul T.