Can't deploy: can't copy file.

Lloyd Dupont

When I try to deploy my project with VS.NET on the device (PocketPC 2002),
VS.NET gives me this error while copying the files:
"Error: Cannot establish a connection. Be sure the device is physically
connected to the development computer."

therefore I can't debug (save with the emulator), that's a hassle....

And I know the device is correctly connected as I'm able to copy file from
or to it with the file explorer.

any clues ?

Lloyd Dupont

Ximing Zhou [MSFT]

Lloyd,

Can you directly email me your email address with which I can send you a
tool to diagnose the problem?

Ximing
| From: "Lloyd Dupont" <net.galador@ld>
| Subject: Re: Can't deploy: can't copy file.
| Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:44:29 +1000
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|
| yes I did.
| mmhh... thanks for that.
|
| "Antares" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
| | > I had also the same error, but then I solved.
| > Probably you've installed ActiveSync after Visual Studio
| > installation.
| > You must download .NET CF 1.0 SP1 Redistr. from this topic:
| > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?
| > FamilyID=1f62a2a3-7282-4ba9-b26b-
| > 2267e972501d&displaylang=en
| >
| > Then see here:
| > http://download.microsoft.com/download/c/d/b/cdbff573-73fb-
| > 4f9f-a464-c5adc890e1ae/Readme.htm#ASUninstall

Lloyd Dupont

oups, I just read your post.
in fact it doesn't work just sometimes.
but with a clever combination of restartin VS.NET, plug/unplug and
power-on/off the pocket, now I always manage to continue.

anyway if you want to send me a tool, you're welcome (I mailed you my mail)
otherwise just reverse each word