Cant debug a dll from exe

Discussion in 'Microsoft VC .NET' started by Abubakar, Mar 2, 2006.

  1. Abubakar

    Abubakar Guest

    Hi,
    I have 2 projects in a slolution, one is a dll project and other is exe. I
    have some exported functions from the dll code using __declspec
    (dllexport ). In the exe code I have created a header file that contains
    prototypes of the functions that are in the dlls. I have specified the lib
    file in the exe's project settings and everything builds and runs just fine
    ( i copy the dll manually where the exe is located when I make changes in
    the dlls code and build it).

    The problem is when I try to "step in" the source code of the dll's exported
    functions when I'm running the exe project. It just doesnt step into its
    source and just steps over its function calls. That is the reason I cant
    debug the source code of the dll functions. I need help debugging my dll.

    Regards,

    -Ab.

    PS. I'm using "nothing" related to .net. Everything is pure native c++ and
    win32.

    Abubakar, Mar 2, 2006

  2. Abubakar

    Abubakar Guest

    I noticed that if I copy the updated build of dll in the exe's path, i can
    step into the dll's functions. Was this the reason or something else ?

    -Ab.

    Abubakar, Mar 2, 2006