Can't access SAFE MODE

Reaction score
Can anyone help me? I have a Dell Dimension 8400. windows XP prof w/ sp2 installed. Intel Pent 4 (HT) 3.26 GHz. N-Vidia G-force 6800 video card. Creative sound blaster audigy 2 zs. 3 hard drives installed. 200Gb Seagate(windows XP Pro sp2), 160Gb Maxtor(windows XP Pro sp2), 80 Gb maxtor(storage only)
I am having a problem accessing safe mode. When I hit the F8 key durruing the Dell splash screen, it would ask me to choose, safe mode, safe mode with networking....ect. I would choose safe mode, it would load up all the drivers it needs and hang on one then go to the "blue Screen of Death"
I recently just ran a repair od the OS and now I no longer get that BS of D. Infact, when I want to try to get into Safe Mode, it would just go inot a loop of restarting back to the Dell Splash screen where I can hit the F8 key again and start the never ending process again.
This will do it on both of my hard drives. The 3rd HD is just for storage and Back Ups...
Can anyone help me?
I tried to get you all pertinent info, so sorry if it is long...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Did the BSOD give you an error message?

EDIT: sorry just re-read you post dont worry. :blush:

Last edited:
Reaction score
You could try downloading a program called BART PE - this is like an XP boot disc ( like a 98 boot disc). It will take you into a windows like configuration and allow you to run a scan disc on your HDD

You can download it from here:

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

Reaction score
I just finished reformatting...right now I can access safemode..but I know in the future I will not be able to so I will download this program and give it a try..thankyou..

Ask a Question