Canon IP6000D - Nozzle Cleaning

~*~ Zinderellie ~*~

I have a 3 year old Canon IP6000D printer. Have been having chronic clogged
nozzle problems, and I have already replaced the printhead once. Does
anyone have a home/self help solution for this? I am looking for a good
economical solution for trying to resolve the clogged nozzles without having
to send it out to a repair shop or replace the printhead.

Have done the usual cleaning and deep cleanings multiple times and am
wasting so much ink in the process.

Any successful solutions out there?

Thanking you in advance!
Tanya's Bead 'n Craft- http://www.tanyasbeadncraft.com/
Bead 'n Crochet Bookmarks - http://www.tanyasbeadncraft.com/bookmark3.html
Beaded Dragonfly Suncatchers -
http://www.tanyasbeadncraft.com/drgnflyhangers.html
The Gift of Music Boxes and More -
http://www.tanyasbeadncraft.com/sfmbco.html

The best things in life aren't things.- Art Buchwald

If God sends us on stony paths, he provides strong shoes.- Corrie Ten Boom

It's good to have money and the things that money can buy,
but it's good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure
you haven't lost the things money can't buy.- George Lorimer

Burt

~*~ Zinderellie ~*~ said:
I have a 3 year old Canon IP6000D printer. Have been having chronic
clogged nozzle problems, and I have already replaced the printhead once.
Does anyone have a home/self help solution for this? I am looking for a
good economical solution for trying to resolve the clogged nozzles without
having to send it out to a repair shop or replace the printhead.

Have done the usual cleaning and deep cleanings multiple times and am
wasting so much ink in the process.

Any successful solutions out there?

Thanking you in advance!

After doing a few deep cleanings you need to do some undocumented techniques
that usually take care of more stubborn clogs. Go to the Nifty-stuff forum.
Sign in and click on "FAQ" at the top of the page. Read the first FAQ that
is about what to do when your printer doesn't print properly. Read through
the entire thread as there is lots of info on cleaning the Canon printhead.
Just start with the simplest, least potentially damaging technique and be
patient. You may also have one or more ink cartridges that aren't feeding
as well as they should. The test for poorly feeding carts is to take one
out and blow gently into the air vent. Ink should drip out of the ink
outlet. (be sure you have the cart over something that won't be damaged
with ink drops.) If you have to blow pretty hard the cart isn't feeding
adequately.
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

DanG

~*~ Zinderellie ~*~ said:
Have done the usual cleaning and deep cleanings multiple times and am
wasting so much ink in the process.

Any successful solutions out there?

Sometimes, the problem is not the head itself, but clogs in the ink passages
under the tanks. (in the head assembly but right below the tanks). The only
way to clear these passages is with cleaning tanks and solvent. You can buy
such cleaning kits at most online ink sellers. You just put in the cleaning
tanks then print all colors till clear. Use color bars to print all 5
colors. Then put the ink tanks back in and print all colors till normal
again. You'll want to use photo paper settings so as to clean the photo
black, and plain paper settings to clean the pigment black. OR if the
problem is only in the colors, use only photo settings.

If you're using compatible tanks, consider switching brands.

measekite

~*~ Zinderellie ~*~ said:
I have a 3 year old Canon IP6000D printer. Have been having chronic clogged
nozzle problems, and I have already replaced the printhead once. Does
anyone have a home/self help solution for this? I am looking for a good
economical solution for trying to resolve the clogged nozzles without having
to send it out to a repair shop or replace the printhead.
Are you and have you always used Canon OEM ink. I have had an IP4000
for over 4 years and have never had a problem. I use Canon ink exclusively.

measekite

DanG wrote:

"~*~ Zinderellie ~*~" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:F3Jrj.9750$0B2.3020@trnddc03...

Have done the usual cleaning and deep cleanings multiple times and am wasting so much ink in the process. Any successful solutions out there?

Sometimes, the problem is not the head itself, but clogs in the ink passages under the tanks. (in the head assembly but right below the tanks). The only way to clear these passages is with cleaning tanks and solvent. You can buy such cleaning kits at most online ink sellers. You just put in the cleaning tanks then print all colors till clear. Use color bars to print all 5 colors. Then put the ink tanks back in and print all colors till normal again. You'll want to use photo paper settings so as to clean the photo black, and plain paper settings to clean the pigment black. OR if the problem is only in the colors, use only photo settings. If you're using compatible tanks,

Then that is why you are having the problems.

consider switching brands.