Cannot view text

Im using IE 6, and when I go to most web pages there are sections of text
that are invisible. I tried going to a class website for school and all of
the links were invisible but I could still click on them. On another page
there was a heading I could read but the body of the paragraph was invisible,
but I could cut & paste it into another program like notepad and the text
would be pasted visibly. Im not sure if my text is set to white & so is my
background or is there some setting im just not thinking of. Im using win xp
pro, on a 1.8 p4 system
How do I adjust it so I can see this text, links and other stuff?

thanks,

Jonathan

Don Varnau

Hi,
Assuming that the designer of the site didn't make really bad color
choices...

Go to IE> Tools> Internet Options> General and...
1. In colors, choose use Windows colors. Or uncheck that and try other
colors. Also try different Link colors.
2. In Accessibility, generally, nothing should be checked.

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Jonathan" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Thanks for the suggestions,
However I tried using Windows colors, changing the link colors & making sure
all Accessibility options were UN-checked.
-I looked at the source for one of the pages where I am having trouble &
tried troubleshooting it.
I noticed that both browsers I have, IE 6, & netscape, plain text is not
showing up. Anything just entered on the page, in <p> </p> tags, or even in
Ordered & unOrdered lists DO NOT show up.
<i> </i> tags it shows up fine.
How do I get plain text to show up?
Thank you