    --
    Thanks,
    Bill

    Guest, May 2, 2007

  2. Hello Bill,

    There are three possible causes for why you cannot add the app to the
    exceptions list:
    1.) This is a 64-bit application.
    2.) The application is in the Windows directory.
    3.) The application has been compiled for Vista and, therefore, DEP is
    enforced for it.

    I hope this information helps you.

    Thomas Olsen [MSFT], May 3, 2007

    Thanks for the info Thomas. This app is not 64-bit, it is not in the windows
    directory but it is under the program files directory, and it has not been
    compiled for VISTA. I've been all over msdn, technet and other web sites and
    have found info on DEP, but not specific info on this issue.
    --
    Thanks,
    Bill

    Guest, May 3, 2007

    Tyro Guest

    And your problem is?
    BTW: you should never, ever, not in your lifetime, turn DEP off.

    Tyro

    Tyro, Jan 2, 2009

    Jon Guest

    "undisclosed" wrote in message

    > hi, i have this problem too, it happens with my mobile broadband program
    > that was designed for vista sometimes. I really don't want to disable
    > all the dep but it's a pain in the butt having to restart the computer
    > and trying again. any work around for specific program...

    Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings > Settings (under
    performance) > DEP (tab)

    Add your program as an exception

    --
    Jon