Cannot run CE Emulator in debug mode unless i am connected to the LAN.

G

Hi

I have a problem when trying to run a Smart Device / Pocket PC application (using the CE Emulator), if the development computer is not connected to the local area network

To outline the problemâ€
I have developed a quick prototype Pocket PC application to be used by field inspection personnel. To demonstrate the application (at the clients head office), I have loaded it onto a Laptop PC and intend to use the ‘Emulator for Windows CE’ version 4.1.0. (build 14). This is so I can connect the Laptop to a overhead projector and demo it to around 20 people

All is fine as long as the Laptop is connected to the local area network. The code and emulator work in harmony

As soon as the Laptop is disconnected from the local area network, I get the following error when trying to run the application from within the ‘Microsoft Development Environment 2003 version 7.1.3088. MS.Net Framework 1.1 version 1.1.4322’
“Launching Applicatio
Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging
Unable to start program 'C:\…\SmartDeviceApplication1\bin\Debug\SmartDeviceApplication1.exe'. â€

So I have determined that the problem relates to the .net debugger using the network connection to link to the emulator. This is proven by the fact that, if I run the code without debugging, it works fine

Running the code without debugging means I can demonstrate the application, but changes will be requested and I will make these changes on the fly

So does anyone know â€
How I can configure the Debugger to connect to the emulator without the need to be connected to a LAN.
O
How to set-up a LAN just for my laptop machine that the debugger, emulator and .net development environment can use

Any suggestions or advice appreciated

E

Elisa

Hi,

Add a Loopback network adapter (=dummy adapter) to your desktop
computer's network settings.

Regards,

Elisa

G

----- Elisa wrote: ----

Hi

Add a Loopback network adapter (=dummy adapter) to your desktop
computer's network settings

Regards

Elis

----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Elisa

After installing it and setting the ip address to the loopback IP address (10.10.10.1) it works fine. I knew there was a way to do this from the old SQL Server 5 days. You jogged a fadding memory

Anyway thanks again

Eamon

T

Thomas

Hello !

I have the same problem so your solution interests me too.
However, I can't find how to configure it under WindowsXP pro. Could you
give more details please ?

Thanks,

Thomas.

Ask a Question