Cannot receive email without closing application and reopening.

Oghs 1975

I had to have a total reinstall done on my computer, the windows mail program
is set up and working good except now I do not receive new emails until I
close the application and reopen it. I can hear the beep when a new message
comes in, but it is not there until I close and reopen the program. I am
using Vista 64 bit

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

The account may be corrupted. Delete that mail account, restart
Windows Mail, then recreate the account. If no improvement,
try running the various repair functions in the WMUtil program:
http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)