Cannot open OE

Adam

Hi,

I cannot open Outlook Express. I used it yesterday, and
suddenly, I can't open it.

ErrMess says "Outlook Express could not be started. The
application was unable to open the Outlook Express message
store. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is
full. Contact Microsoft Support for further asstance.
(0x8007000E,5)."

Next ErrMess says "Outlook Express could not be started
because MSOE.DLL could not be initialsed. Outlook Express
may not be installed correctly."

Disk space available is 70mb.
RAM = 512mb.
The version is 6.0.2800.1106
IE6 has been updated to SP1.

Microsoft Knowledge base has one solution to above ErrMess
but problem still remains.

Have reinstalled XP Pro from CD, reinstalled IE 6 and OE
from Windows\Windows Upgrade, after setting OE Registry's
key ISINSTALLED to 0.

Tried deleting Outlook's directory, but system said it's
being used by another program (presumably IE). Tried
moving files to another directory but it keeps
automatically reproducing the files that were moved.

What am I going to do?

Please help.

Adam

Adam \(again\)

Sorry for putting this query in the wrong place but I've
just come across Russ Valentine's recent response to
another peer's query, giving pointers to numerous web
sites. I visited Tom Koch's web site first, entered
MSOE.DLL for search,
and ...and...ahh...ahhhh...yyyaaaaahhoooooo! Some dong set
the dbx files to READ only, and there wasn't a hint about
this in MS's knowledge base!

Big thanks to Russ and Tom.

From The Dong!

I have same problem (0x8007000E,3) etc. where is this website you found solution, I tried MS knowledge base and just got more confused, I get the exact same msg's when tryin to open OE.
TIA
for feedback

donnyboy1

Adam

Here it is! I used Tomsterdam.com. From Russ Valentine.

Good luck.