Cannot open forbes.com

Barry Ling

I have Windows 2000 and IE6. I cannot open www.forbes.com
site. "ie cannot open internet site...... Operation
aborted."
But I have no trouble with another machine using Windows
Me and IE6.
Anyone may help?
Thanks

Hans Le Roy

Hi,

Look for a file called HOSTS (can be hidden) and open it in Notepad. Locate
lines looking like

127.0.0.1 forbes.com

and delete them. Save the file and log in to Windows again. Does that help?

Kind regards

Hans Le Roy
MS MVP Win/IE-OE

dcdon

I have a question Hans.
Why would the site end up in his "hosts" file?

--

good computing,
don

Hi,

Look for a file called HOSTS (can be hidden) and
open it in Notepad. Locate
lines looking like

127.0.0.1 forbes.com

and delete them. Save the file and log in to
Windows again. Does that help?

Kind regards

Hans Le Roy
MS MVP Win/IE-OE