cannot locate cd-rom

Reaction score
I have a copy of Ghost Recon from two years ago that I made with Alcohol 120. The copied disc worked great until a few weeks ago when I received the error message "cannot locate cd-rom please eject disc and reinsert the correct cd" every time I try to play the game. i had not attempted to play the game since the last two years, but left it on my hard drive. I have tried both the cd-rom and the dvd-rom and get the same error. I wasn't sure why the circumstances had changed so to to check the cd, I loaded the game on a laptop computer and it loaded and ran just fine. I am using win xp on both computers and all drivers are up to date! I haven't added any new additional hardware and I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the program. I have run safedisc and uninstalled Nero and Alcohol as well with no success. Can anyone explain why the game cannot locate the cd-rom now when almost two years ago, I played it all the time. I have tried extensively with the advice given on other links, but still receive the same error message. I can't believe that both the cd-rom and the dvd-rom (2 years old also) are both bad.

Ask a Question