    would fix the problem. Which of course it did not. Has anybody any ideas
    please?
    Thanks H

    Sal, Feb 9, 2009

  2. start the Print Spooler service

    try PnP install again.
    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    Alan Morris [MSFT], Feb 9, 2009

  3. Sal

    Sal Guest

    Hi
    I checked that and it was already started before I tried to install for the
    100th time. Any more suggestions please.

    Sal, Feb 9, 2009
  4. Add a fake local printer to LPT1: using Add Printer

    I'm assuming that you have already removed the printer and all the Epson
    software once.

    I'm also assuming that you have to install the software and only plug the
    device into the machine when prompted by the software.

    If all else fails and you can add a fake printer, expand the drivers you
    obtained from Epson, install the printer to LPT1 using Have Disk to point
    to the vendor inf file.

    Once the printer is installed, plug the device into USB.

    Don't mess with the Hardware install stuff.

    Open the print properties and go to Ports. Select USB001, print test page.
    If this fails select USB002 .....

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    Alan Morris [MSFT], Feb 9, 2009
  5. Sal

    Sal Guest

    Hi Alan
    Many thanks for your reply. When I get to the problematic machine I will
    try what you suggest. Just one thin I am not sure of is whenyou say:
    If all else fails and you can add a fake printer, expand the drivers you
    obtained from Epson, install the printer to LPT1 using Have Disk to point
    to the vendor inf file. " Can you detail this. Many thanks. Hazel
    Ps does the message I keep getting about Power surge on usb port have a
    bearing on this. Also, As I believe this problem could have resulted from a
    spyware infection (which is now cleared) would reinstalling windows also
    resolve the issue?

    Sal, Feb 10, 2009
  6. Sal

    Sal Guest

    Hi Alan
    Many thanks for your reply. Will try what you suggest later today. Just
    one think, not sure what you mean by "If all else fails and you can add a
    fake printer, expand the drivers you obtained from Epson, install the printer
    to LPT1 using Have Disk to point to the vendor inf file." Also I keep
    getting the message "power surge on USB port" - would this have any bearing
    on the problem? If all esle fails, would inserting the windows disk in the
    maching and reinstalling windows resolve the issue? Bit of an amateur on this
    one.
    Many thanks.

    Sal, Feb 10, 2009
  7. never experienced a usb power surge before.

    Reinstall fixes all the problems. It's the last resort.

    I'm saying do not use the setup program from Epson, install the print driver
    using the inf file instead (Add Printer)

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    Alan Morris [MSFT], Feb 11, 2009