Cannot Install: file acpiec.sys caused an unexpected error

Will

Hi,I am trying to do an install of WinXP on my Dell Inspiron 5150
notebook. I am trying to boot from the CD and then I wanted to
reformat the disk. I keep getting the following message:
file acpiec.sys caused an unexpected error (47872) at line 5897 in
d:\xpsp1\base\boot\setup\setup.c

which I assume means there is something wrong with the installation
disk. I just bought the disk yesterday. Anyone have any ideas on what
to do?

Thanks!

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Visit the Dell support website and download
the latest BIOS update designed for your specific
model Dell computer.

Welcome to Dell Support
http://support.dell.com/home.aspx

HOW TO: Specify a Specific or Third-Party HAL During Windows Setup
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;216251

How to Troubleshoot Windows XP Problems During Installation
When You Upgrade from Windows 98 or Windows ME
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310064

Troubleshooting Windows XP Setup

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

--