Cannot close Task Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
All of a sudden I can't close Task manager after I open it. There is no way to close the window. The red X at the top right is not there anymore. The only way I can get rid of the Task Manager window is to reboot. Any way to fix this?
i.e. I open Task Mgr with ctrl/alt/del and close programs but I am stuck with the Task Manager window now. No way to close it except to reboot.
I'd rather not do a system restore unless I have to.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What were you doing for before this to happened or did the box seem to just appear? Are you using XP Home or Pro?

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
double click the grey area around task mananger.

Reaction score
Sir Pef said:
All of a sudden I can't close Task manager after I open it. There is no way to close the window. The red X at the top right is not there anymore. The only way I can get rid of the Task Manager window is to reboot. Any way to fix this?
i.e. I open Task Mgr with ctrl/alt/del and close programs but I am stuck with the Task Manager window now. No way to close it except to reboot.
I'd rather not do a system restore unless I have to.

You should not close/end programs in this way unless you know what you are doing, by doing so will result in the particular problem your having.
Do this instead>Start>run>msconfig> then select what you don`t want to run?

Reaction score
Yes, Like reefsmoka said, I ended programs with Task Manager that's what it is for!!!!!!!!! I've been using Task Manager to end programs for years.. And the X disappeared for no apparent reason!!! Where in Windows is this Task Manager anyway? Did Gates hide it in the Registry, Sys32?
Here's a screenprint of my Task Manager without a top to it:
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6285/untitled10mu.jpg

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Why the big text?
sir pef said:
Where in Windows is this Task Manager anyway? Did Gates hide it in the Registry, Sys32?
Its in the System32 folder.

Reaction score
Just now saw ...reefersmoker ;) said: double-click edge around task manager window.

THAT DID IT!!!!!!!
nod.gif

THANK YOU !!!!!!!
happywave.gif
bowdown.gif

WHY IS SOMETHING SO EASY SO HARD?
wallbash.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Because any IDIOT can buy a computer.

:)