Cannot add classes and forms to a .NET project (C#)

G

Everytime I try to add a new class or form to .NET C# project, I get the following error

Could not run the 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\VC#\CSharpProjectItems\LocalProjectItems\..\CSharpAddWinFormWiz.vsz' wizard

(The error is slightly different depending on which type of "thing" I try to add.

I've tried to repair the whole of .NET Visual Studio (and in fact the framework too!), but that has not solved it. Articles I have read have suggested that the problem is to do with AddIn tools. However, I have only added one (the Line Counter tool) to Visual Studio, and even that I have uninstalled and reinstalled prior to reinstalling .NET Studio

Any ideas guys? The problem is not so bad with classes - I can just add a text file and change the extension, but Forms are a bit more annoying, as there is a lot of default stuff that Visual Studio creates when a form is added

Please help!

T

Tian Min Huang

Hello,

Thanks for your post. As I understand, the problem you are facing is that
it fails to add a new class or form to C# project. I'd like to share the
following information with you:

1. Does this problem occurs to a specific C# project or other projects
(say, VB .NET project)? Please register Vslangproj type library as follows
and see if it works:

Regtlib.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
Shared\MSEnv\vslangproj.tlb

Wizard Fix HOWTO
http://www.petedavis.net/dotnet_articles/wizardfix.html

2. I found a similar issue which was resolved by reinstalling Windows
Scripting Host:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp

I look forward to your result.

Regards,

HuangTM
Microsoft Online Partner Support
MCSE/MCSD

Get Secure! -- www.microsoft.com/security
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.

G

HuangTM

Thanks for your help

The second hyperlink you posted solved the problem - I reinstalled Microsoft Windows Script 5.6, and everything works again. I've copied your reply in case anything like this happpens again

Thanks again

Guy

Ask a Question