Can someone tell me how to read ICF logfile

G

I enabled ICF on a Xp machine connected to a router. This machine can be access via Remote Desktop. Only port 3389 is opened in ICF
The router has DMZ setup so traffic can go to/from this machine over Internet
My log says there are many "hits" from a specific IP address, can someone get in to this computer when only RemoteDesktop port 3389 is opened, and I have a password to logon with RD client, if they Don't know the pw

What does CLOSE UDP, CLOSE TCP, OPEN TCP means in the log? Can I block this so often repeated IP address thats shows in the log? How do I know if it gets thru ICF or not

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Please visit the Firewall experts in the Firewall newsgroup:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.networking.firewall

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| I enabled ICF on a Xp machine connected to a router. This machine can be access via Remote Desktop. Only
port 3389 is opened in ICF.
| The router has DMZ setup so traffic can go to/from this machine over Internet.
| My log says there are many "hits" from a specific IP address, can someone get in to this computer when only
RemoteDesktop port 3389 is opened, and I have a password to logon with RD client, if they Don't know the pw?
|
| What does CLOSE UDP, CLOSE TCP, OPEN TCP means in the log? Can I block this so often repeated IP address
thats shows in the log? How do I know if it gets thru ICF or not?
|

Ask a Question