Can receive emails but not send them

Sally-May

We have recently changed broadband from tiscali to sky, we have a tiscali
email address. I can receive emails but when I try and send an email I get
the following error message:

inactivity. Subject 'Re: Under Water Photo Shoot', Account:
'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I have read some of the other comments posted but haven't been able to
resolve the problem so far.

Please can anyone help??

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Your error message doesn't reflect a typical port 25 block, but we
should treat for it anyway.
As a general rule, the owner of the SMTP server you are using must be the
same as the entity providing your Internet connection at that moment.
For more on this anti-spamming issue see
http://www.postcastserver.com/help/Port_25_Blocking.aspx

The best workaround for your situation is to substitute the SMTP server
belonging to your connection provider, Sky. This is a bit tricky, but if
you want to go that route, I can provide more details.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Sally-May" wrote in message
We have recently changed broadband from tiscali to sky, we have a tiscali
email address. I can receive emails but when I try and send an email I get
the following error message:

inactivity. Subject 'Re: Under Water Photo Shoot', Account:
'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I have read some of the other comments posted but haven't been able to
resolve the problem so far.

Please can anyone help??

gwendolynblacksmith