Can not install BCM after SP2 upgrade

Reaction score
Sure someone have the solution, but I am about to give up...
After restoring the PC after a missed SP2 upgrade...and installing SP2, I am unable to install both the original BCM in office professional 2003 and the BCMV2UPD.exe that I thought will be the right choice when I had a cleanedup PC.

Always get the same pop-up box:...saying something like that setup could not finalize installation because some components required to run BCM are missing. Install latest NET.Framework.

Well, I have installed all NET versions...same result. Many times. Only known snag is that the PC refuse to install NET1.0 SP3 security update. But not likely thereason?

I see something about MS SQL...but I have no idea if this is working or not. Can not find any programs in control panel or task manager that indicates I have any any kind of SQL software..--However, I see a kind of SQL cab file on the MS BCM CD.....? so it should have been installed, right?

Any Ideas? And if I need any MS SQL component...how on earth do I get that?

Yes: I backed up databases and stuff before the fatal SP2 upgrade...but would very much like to get my 2600 contacts back in BCM also...:)

Ask a Question