Can Not Enter Safe Mode

Roger

During startup I press F8 and menu is displayed. I select
safe mode which gets me a to a Welcome screen with
Administrator and Owner as selections. When I select
either one it says loading setting, logginf off and saving
setting and then the Welcome screen appears. I never set
up any accounts and do not know the password to the Owner
account which I assume was set at the factory. How can I
logon on to set accounts?

pauly [MSFT]

Hi Roger,

You mention that you can't get logged in in Safe Mode. Can you log in in
Normal Mode?

If you cannot log in in Safe Mode or Normal Mode. troubleshooting this will
be difficult. It would require either connecting remotely when the system
is at the login screen, or using Recovery Console.

Please clarify, what do you see when you attempt to log in in Normal Mode?

What accounts are available when you try to log in in Safe Mode?

Report your results here.

=========

Windows XP Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/security/default.asp

Windows 2000 Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/security/default.asp

Top 10 Windows Newsgroups Security Questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/newsgroups/default.asp?url=/technet/newsgro
ups/nodepages/sectop10.asp

=========
Paul Hayes, MCSE