Can I have both Roaming and TServ profiles

G

Hi

I was wondering if a user in active directory can have both a roaming profile and a terminal server profile. We are in a situation where we have to have two different profiles because not all programs are able to run on terminal servers. It would be ideal if at the pc level I could have a set of programs on the users desktop. One of those would be a remote desktop connection that would connect to a terminal server which would have a list of additional programs that run on the terminal server. Right now I am only using a roaming profile and the problem that I am having is I am seeing the same programs on both the pc desktop and the terminal server desktop. I need to be able to have two desktops. Can this be done? Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Tim Heilman

G

Actually it's preferred to have different profiles for TS & Client Domain Members. If however you have a Roaming Profile listed in the Profile tab of the user account and no profile listed on the Terminal Services Profile tab, the system will automatically download the normal roaming profile, which usually isn't desireable

Patrick Rous
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Serve
http://www.workthin.co

----- Tim Heilman wrote: ----

Hi

I was wondering if a user in active directory can have both a roaming profile and a terminal server profile. We are in a situation where we have to have two different profiles because not all programs are able to run on terminal servers. It would be ideal if at the pc level I could have a set of programs on the users desktop. One of those would be a remote desktop connection that would connect to a terminal server which would have a list of additional programs that run on the terminal server. Right now I am only using a roaming profile and the problem that I am having is I am seeing the same programs on both the pc desktop and the terminal server desktop. I need to be able to have two desktops. Can this be done? Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Tim Heilman

Ask a Question