Can I copy a file in multiple folders?

Vincent

I need to copy a file (a readme.txt) inside multiple folders in
subdirectories inside a directory ... try to explain:

D:\
ZIP\
Images\
Africa
Europe
Asia

So, I want the file readme.txt in the folders Africa, Europe, Asia and so
on.

Can I do it with a single keypress without copying it folder by folder? :-(

Thank you in advance.

Sanjay Goel

Vincent said:
I need to copy a file (a readme.txt) inside multiple folders in
subdirectories inside a directory ... try to explain:

D:\
ZIP\
Images\
Africa
Europe
Asia

So, I want the file readme.txt in the folders Africa, Europe, Asia
and so on.

Can I do it with a single keypress without copying it folder by
folder? :-(

Thank you in advance.

you can do it using a batch command
type this on cmd prompt

for /R D:\ZIP %a in (.) do copy D:\readme.txt %a

jona

Vincent said:
I need to copy a file (a readme.txt) inside multiple folders in
subdirectories inside a directory ... try to explain:

D:\
ZIP\
Images\
Africa
Europe
Asia

So, I want the file readme.txt in the folders Africa, Europe, Asia and so
on.

Can I do it with a single keypress without copying it folder by folder?
:-(

IF properly setup, this one might do the trick:

http://www.interdesigner.com/freeware/IntelligentCopier/

From the site:
The main purpose is to define Default Rules on proper section.

You can drag and drop to Intelligent Copier's window any file(s) you want.
If any of these files match any of your predefined rules, it will be copied
or moved (as specified on settings) to the predefined destination folder.

Example:

You may define a rule where all your *.DOC files (usually text documents),
will be copied or moved to a backup place, or to your My Documents folder,
so you "fix" your dispersed documents to the proper and right folder.

Sometimes, you may receive a .ZIP (or any other compressed file), with many
files which belongs to some folders. You should extract manually each file
on every folder. Well, Intelligent Copier will assist you with this. You may
define a rule based on file name and extension, so you just have to drag and
drop all those files, Intelligent Copier do the rest. Simple!

Joined
Oct 7, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Spaces in "%a" causing error...

Sanjay Goel said:
Vincent wrote:
> I need to copy a file (a readme.txt) inside multiple folders in
> subdirectories inside a directory ... try to explain:
>
> D:\
> ZIP\
> Images\
> Africa
> Europe
> Asia
>
> So, I want the file readme.txt in the folders Africa, Europe, Asia
> and so on.
>
> Can I do it with a single keypress without copying it folder by
> folder? :-(
>
> Thank you in advance.

you can do it using a batch command
type this on cmd prompt

for /R D:\ZIP %a in (.) do copy D:\readme.txt %a

The above causes error: "The syntax of the command is incorrect."
for any Folders that have a space in them, any suggestions?

Joined
Feb 3, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
i had the same problem for quite sometime , i wanted to save my clicked photographs into three different computers in my network so as not to loose them accidently(in case of hard disk crash), but every time i had to go to long process of copying them into different location

but now i think the best way to do this is

1. make a shortcut of the folders in which you want to keep the backup of your photos
2. cut & paste all the shortcuts into single folder(say backup)
3. rename the shortcuts (say backup1,backup2....and so on)
4. cut & paste the main folder(in this case backup) onto desktop or any other convinient location
5.copy all the files (which you want to keep in those different locations) by pressing ctrl+c.
6. Right click on the first shortcut(in this case backup1) and select paste.
7. repeat step 6 for other shortcuts(i.e. backup2,backup3...and so on)
8. and the files will automatically be saved on different locations.

9 repeat the steps 5 , 6 & 7 every time you want to save the files in those locations.